Intuitive Surgical Careers
Future Opportunity - Data Processing, App Developer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183100
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive Surgical introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. Intuitive Surgical is also the leader in capturing surgical operative data, from over 3,600 surgical robotic systems used by over 33,000 surgeons globally.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our growing Reliability Engineering team focused on solving our complex data collection and analytics problems. This role has the opportunity to work creatively with a team of mixed disciplines, including SW, FW, and HW in addition to IT and other data scientists as well as mechatronics, reliability and mechanical engineers.
The primary function of this position is to help Reliability Team with local data collection and analytics solutions for the on-going automated and semi-automated reliability tests. Other responsibilities include but not limited to making data management and visualization apps for active and passive data in local and cloud databases. The successful candidate must have a strong curiosity for how our SW process, logs, and eventually saves, critical operational information for future reference. He/she must have a proven track-record of managing data solutions for capital equipment and test fixtures, extreme curiosity of the unexplored or unexplained, great attention to detail, no fear of incomplete or messy data, and, most importantly, a passion to learn new things.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position participates in problem formulation and statistical/modeling techniques to complement the problem solving capabilities of the engineering team. Primary interface is the Reliability Engineering team.
The Reliability Team is chartered with adoption of proactive reliability approaches that could impact the new product design while still under development. The team provides vital guidance to ME, SW, FW, HW, and SA teams for data-driven design and operation decisions. The team also regularly analyzes field data from previous generation of the product to identify improvement opportunities for both legacy and future products.
Specific roles and responsibilities comprise:
- Become a vital working member of the Reliability team in helping set priorities and strategies, and measurable objectives and performance.
- Understand the SW error logging process, and help the team manage data collection on prototypes throughout the product development cycles.
- Build data foundations to measure reliability improvements scalable with the size and cadence of the product development.
- Identify gaps in data capture, recommend solutions to bridge the gap, and work with IT organization to ensure applications have proper tracking mechanisms for transparency and efficiency.
- Create and automate on-going analytical reports to sustain program quality and improve efficiency.
- Create simple Web based applications to enable ordinary users to benefit analytics and summary data from company’s databases.
- Collaborate with IT, SW, FM and HW engineering teams for cross domain analytics
• Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in SW engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, or related fields. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Background in healthcare and capital/consumable medical equipment is preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in similar roles.
• Strong knowledge of databases such as Oracle10g, MySQL, SQL, PL/SQL.
• Proficiency with programming and data mining/visualization tools such as R, Python, Tableau, SQL, SAP HANA SQL, SAS/JMP, or SPSS. Tableau experience is strongly desired.
• Working experience with SW development tools such as Visual Studio.Net, Crystal Reports.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently. Self-management is important.
• Ability to build and manage relationships with both internal and external teams.
• Strong sense of customer service for both internal and external customers.
• Desire to make work fun.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.