Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183104
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise Products is responsible for go-to-market planning, outward facing communications & advocacy, sales support, and driving integrated market activities. Your role is to create visibility and demand for the business products (to businesses and consumers) and services to their served market.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Drive go-to-market in terms of positioning, messaging, customer development, leading up to a launch.
• Provide sales enablement and focus on driving demand, adoption, and the overall success of the enterprise product.
• Conduct MIS market research to gather data and insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process for our products, including key buyer roles.
• Prepare, plan and execute launch processes for new product introductions.
• Define messaging and value propositions for new product introductions; translate technical information to value in hospital, surgeon and patient messaging.
• Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience and produce the source messaging blueprint.
• Be the marketing SME for the enterprise product set.
• Define the market opportunity; perform segmentation and targeting exercises that identify the segments with the highest propensity to buy.
• Serve as market-facing storage SME/thought leader and interact with industry analysts and press as a company representative.
• Work with branding and design in product naming by providing market, competitive and customer context.
• Develop customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use.
• Monitor and report on the performance of products in the market and communicate the results of related sales and marketing efforts.
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Minimum 7 years of well-rounded enterprise product marketing in positions of increasing responsibility, with a focus on market expansion
• Proven, recent corporate experience in medium to large, global technically driven industries and growth markets.
• Clear ability to work effectively with engineering and design functions and integrate outputs from these capabilities into ongoing marketing outputs
• Demonstrated success in navigating complex business environments and driving efficient and effective direction
• Product marketing skills with business acumen; proven ability to inspire, motivate sales and other commercial teams
• Considerable experience and comfort in presenting and defending evidence with key product, clinical and economic decision makers
• International experience with demonstrated expertise in developing marketing to multiple end markets
• Healthcare medical device or hospital/health system industry experience is preferred.
• Background in technology-based products is required
• Collaboration / Cross-functional at all levels of the company.
• Strong reporting, project management, analytical and prioritization skills.
- BS/BA and MBA or equivalent experience required