Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Cybersecurity Infrastructure Implementation Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183121
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Engineering Product Security Team is responsible for the secure-by-design aspects of hardware and software products, infrastructure and cloud services that collect and analyze medical device machine data from thousands of systems deployed world-wide.
The ideal candidate for the position of Sr. Cybersecurity Infrastructure Implementation Engineer will have proven experience working designing, building and operating public and private cloud authentication, authorization and public/private key infrastructure. This position requires a candidate with strong technical and interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with the business and peer Engineering teams to deliver high quality solutions that ensure patient safety.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement complex authorization and authentication infrastructure for medical grade IoT products
• Assist the cyber risk teams in cyber Risk Analysis and Threat Modeling of complex systems, including interconnected web, application and database technology stacks with networked medical devices
• Prepare and Update Incident Response Plans / Playbooks across multiple product lines
• Conduct technical Post-market vulnerability management and cyber robustness testing
• Efficiently handle and resolve Incident Response escalations
• Prepare technical analysis, create and update documentation
• Participate in design of policies to improve the robustness and defense-in-depth for product lines
• Other duties as assigned
Competency Requirements: In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must possess:
• Minimun 3 years’ experience with development and implementation of a product utilizing a key management platform. Prefer deep experience with HSM solutions such as Utimaco, SafeNet, Thales or AWS KMS.
• Developer level experience with web applications, HTTP/websockets and successfully applying AuthN and AuthZ to complex, distributed web applications.
• Five or more years’ experience, with medical device, ICS/SCADA or embedded system experience highly desirable
• Background with IAM solutions highly desirable
• BS/BA required; MS highly desirable along with demonstration of sophisticated and logical thought processes.
• Strong knowledge of networks and networking technologies - TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, switching and routing, Windows & Linux OS, Relational SQL databases
• Experience with Splunk, Syslog, Nessus, nMap, firewalls, SIEM highly desirable
• CAP, CISA, CISSP, GCIA, GIAC, GISF, GSEC, SSCP or equivalent certification required.
• Strong analytic skills as proven by a track record of analyzing and fixing complex problems in products and processes.
• Excellent judgment in the presence of competing priorities and incomplete data; proven ability to make difficult trade-offs with good judgment.
• Ability to present and whiteboard technical architectures and workflows
• A passion for finishing the vital thing efficiently and well, and attention to the right details.
• A strong desire to make work fun.
• Travel: <10~20%
• Job location: Sunnyvale, CA or Raleigh, NC.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.