Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183130
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Global Public Affairs (GPA) team is focused on enhancing the company’s corporate reputation, mitigating risk, advancing thought leadership, and ensuring consistency of messages around the world. As a member of the GPA team, you will support communications programs targeting key external audiences with a focus on media relations and speaking engagements.
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the GPA team, including:
• Develop and edit compelling and high-quality deliverables, including written content, media materials, articles, Q&As, and video scripts.
• Support the global speaker program: vet and track speaking opportunities; create briefing documents; and work with speakers to prepare talking points and presentations.
• Manage GPA content updates for the corporate website and intranet.
• Coordinate tours, system demonstrations, and executive presentations for GPA’s external guests.
• Work on stretch projects, including supporting thought leadership campaigns, corporate initiatives, and major company events.
• Assist with managing team communication processes, approvals, policies, procedures and templates.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in public affairs, media relations, public relations, or journalism
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Strong, clear writing style and excellent editing skills with the ability to translate complex and technical topics into simple, relatable content.
• Gifted storyteller with an eye for design and proficient at PowerPoint/Keynote.
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to deliver quality work while managing multiple projects.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, influence across the organization, and maintain composure and quality under pressure.
• Energetic and resourceful problem solver who gets things moving, keeps them on track, and ensures their successful completion.
• Make-it-happen attitude and willingness to contribute to projects that fall outside of core responsibilities, as needed.
• Experience working in a regulated industry
• Knowledge of the medtech industry.
• Experience working in a global corporate environment.
• Experience in media relations, social media, conference planning, or clinical and policy communications.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.