Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183165
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The PMO Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing product development projects from initiation through successful commercialization and stabilization concluding with a transfer to mature ongoing manufacturing. This role will focus on driving complex hardware development projects, which include design, manufacturing and integration of mechanical, electrical and embedded software. PMO project managers may also lead projects outside of product development on an as required basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Leads New Product Development (NPD) Core Teams in the execution of NPD projects from initiation through to transfer to mature product support
• Responsible for management of scope, timeline, resources to meet project objectives
• Manages the project plan by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies and mitigations to achieve project objectives.
• Escalates threats to project plan as required to functional management and senior leadership
• Works across the organization to align functional support and input for the project
• Ensures Design Control processes are followed per relevant procedures by functional team members.
• Organizes and leads design control review meetings
• Contributes to product development process optimization via lessons learned, resource leveling, process input and sharing and developing best practices
Qualifications / Skills / Job Requirements:
• Four year degree (Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) in engineering preferred; business, finance or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience
• Minimum 8 years of experience involved in the development and commercialization of technical products, ideally hardware (mechanical/electrical) with embedded software.
• Medical device experience preferred.
• Certification in project management (PMP) desired
• Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills
o Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, process validation and manufacturing transfer
o Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements, manufacturability and cost
o Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
o Experience with schedule, budget, cost and risk management tracking tools
• Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
• Seeks, recognizes, and executes creative and simple solutions to resolve complex project challenges; routinely steadies the team when stressed; leads by example
• Strong relationship building, customer focus and facilitation skills
• Able to clearly articulate complex issues in simple terms and concise manner
• Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.