Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Manager, da Vinci Stapling
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183215
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Product Manager, da Vinci Stapling, is responsible for downstream product management and product marketing of da Vinci Stapling products. Key downstream functions include operational activities and development and implementation of marketing tactics and initiatives in support of corporate and regional goals. This role will work extensively with immediate team members as well as cross-functional partners including manufacturing, engineering, post-market teams, Commercial Learning, Sales, Clinical Marketing, and Digital Marketing, across domestic and global markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaboratively brainstorm, develop, and support or lead global product commercialization activities for new stapling products.
• Identify commercialization gaps or needs and prioritize against other stapling franchise needs. If prioritized, build a business case, define measureable goals, gain resources, and implement.
• Partner with key surgeon champions (KOLs), Clinical Marketing, engineering, and training groups to support and develop product education programs and symposia to drive promotion, competency, and utilization of new and existing products.
• Champion a front-line presence for the customer experience, rallying internal teams and supporting cases as appropriate to foster KOL relationships and familiarity with field feedback of products.
• Develop a thorough technical understanding of stapling technology and its applications, and develop and maintain KOL relationships.
• Understand alternative stapling products and their regional use and develop strategies accordingly.
• Understand the franchise and market complexities in order to propose franchise goals and contribute to strategic downstream planning.
• Work cooperatively with global marketing partners, Sales, Customer Service, regulatory, post-market teams, and engineering to sustain the existing product portfolio across multiple surgical specialties.
• Maintain product requirements, instructions for use and marketing materials, and build evidence for existing products.
• Maintain global forecasting, working with Master Planning, regional partners, manufacturing, and Order Support teams to meet service levels for stapling products.
• Assist with identifying user or surgical needs for new products or enhancements and clearly communicate the needs to upstream Product Marketing colleagues or engineering.
• Represent franchise/department at the highest levels, including executives and senior management.
• Independently assess complex situations and determine the best path forward.
• Support or lead stapling efforts at key congresses, events, and symposia and assist with product test-drives, product messaging, and market research.
• Minimum 6 years of professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree is preferred. Technical background (e.g. biomedical engineering, industrial design, etc.) preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Product Management, Marketing, or Sales in a medical device company required.
• Minimum 1 year of surgical stapling experience preferred.
• Surgical and/or Operating Theatre (Room) experience required.
• Proven ability to effectively position and message the product / procedure and develop strong sales support to drive product / procedure adoption.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Proven ability to lead a strategic initiative from concept to completion.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively, prioritize, and smoothly manage goals and initiatives amidst competing priorities.
• Self-starter with ability to take a leadership function in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
• Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills across multiple constituents.
• Effectively tailors communications to the audience.
• Excellent presentation skills and experience with presenting to surgeons and hospital executives.
• Agility to pivot focus to meet evolving business demands.
• Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite.
• Ability to travel up to 30%, globally, depending upon current business needs.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.