Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manager, System Remanufacturing
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 183237
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day production requirements for operations are maintained to support the system remanufacturing schedule. This role is responsible to maintain and report System ReManufacturing metrics related to quality, on-time performance and System ReManufacturing supervision.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Hire, train, develop, and motivate System ReManufacturing personnel to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, repair schedules, and productivity requirements
• Update and revise Manufacturing Process Instructions to ensure that MPIs are accurate and complete
• Address line support issues as they arise
• Work closely with Service and Secondary Markets (SSM) Engineering and other Departments to help with resolution of repair issues
• Document and report any variances, problems, issues, or concerns
• Provide System ReManufacturing personnel with expectations and performance feedback weekly
• Drive improvements in safety, quality, production, and cost
• Participate in a formal annual performance reviews for System ReManufacturing personnel
• In cooperation with Service Depot Manager plan, supervise, drive improvement, and report System ReManufacturing performance including output, yields, root cause failures, efficiencies, and trends
• Understand, train personnel, and enforce strict adherence to the applicable DOPs and SOPs of the Quality System
• Maintain up to date and accessible training records for MPIs and Quality System documents
• Assist in setting and attaining quarterly and annual goals
• Learn and enforce company safety policies and practices
• AS or higher degree preferable, at least 5 years of experience required.
• Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, specifically in the area of high volume instrument manufacturing.
• Understanding of lean manufacturing,
• Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. QAD and Agile experience preferred.
• Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
• The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.