Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Director of Manufacturing
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 183239
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Provide leadership, technical and administrative mentoring across interdepartmental boundaries as related to manufacturing of minimally invasive robotic surgical equipment. This key management role will be challenged to effectively lead the re-manufacturing resources required to support business growth sales demand. Proven experience achieving results through others and managing wide range of individuals required. Track record in a medium to large-scale medical device and Industry 4.0 manufacturing preferable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage manufacturing managers and supervisors across broad range of value added disciplines
• Continuously improve product cost, quality, delivery and service levels
• Manage resources among competing production departments
• Set standards for productivity improvements by effectively deploying Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques
• Advance the state of our manufacturing art and drive our evolution to Industry 4.0 as applicable to our business
• Manage Total Enterprise Cost to assure financial integrity of overall operations and maximize real product margins.
• Assure that product quality is maintained through partnering with Quality organization and maintaining adherence to quality management system and GMP
• Assure that Safety is Priority #1 in our production facility and drive for zero injury occurrence.
• Work with EHS Department in order to meet all regulatory compliance needs across a diverse sector of government agencies
• Contribute to the development of operating guidelines for equipment, fixture, tooling strategy
• Contribute to supplier development activities via close association with Supplier Development manager
• Effectively manage WIP inventory level and the application of related IT tools
• Continuously monitor manufacturing waste and the elimination of the same
• Coach and develop manufacturing organization in support of 20% year-over-year growth
• BS in engineering sciences, BS Business Administration or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
• Proven ability to lead a high performance team to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
• APICS certification or equivalent highly desirable
• Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing of field
• Minimum 5 years mid level management experience with medium size manufacturing organization
• Proven experience and track record regarding process improvement of complex manufacturing systems
• Working knowledge and experience with Industry 4.0 and MES/MOMs.
• Strong technical analytical skills including FMEA, statistical methods, and Six Sigma techniques
• Previous Medical Device manufacturing experience highly desirable
• Excellent communication skills a must
• Sets model for precision and thoroughness in all forms of communications.
• Strong capability in building consensus across varying functions and clarifying alignment toward designated business strategies
• Ability to direct and develop employees to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance. Successful track record with retaining key, high potential staff and recruiting new talent to scale with business demands.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.