Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager, Logistics - Systems and Vision
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183267
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Located in Sunnyvale, CA this leader will lead the Systems & Vision logistics team to achieve corporate and departmental goals associated with the global logistics functions. Manage interdepartmental and logistics supplier relationships to assure successful execution of corporate sales strategy. Perform logistics functions using Lean principles, established company procedures, ISO, and SOX compliance in support of corporate guidelines. Collaborate with freight forwarders to adhere to Trade Compliance regulations during execution of domestic and international shipments. Provide strategic analysis and solutions to support forecasted growth and cost containment initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage all activities and related systems information associated with the warehousing and distribution of finished goods systems & vision accessories as well as raw material shipments to off shore manufacturing sites.
• Employ resource management in the distribution center to assure inventory management, material handling, daily shipment of sales orders, import-export best practices, cost management, analysis of transportation methods, insurance requirements are met, and management of duties and taxes associated with international shipping.
• Assure the Global Logistics team completes all necessary elements as required by customs associated with shipping components to off shore manufacturing sites and the movement of completed devices from off shore manufacturing sites to the domestic distribution centers.
• Establish Global Logistics Systems & Vision Accessories strategies and objectives. Review objectives with senior management to determine success monitoring of operation. Communicate goals and objectives with the team to assure understanding and successful execution.
• Demonstrate leadership ability in hiring, training, and developing employees. Lead the Global Logistics team to achieve department and corporate goals.
• Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, staffing plans, and performance requirements.
• Develop and contribute to the long term global logistics strategy.
• Apply analytical skills to identify and employ strategies to optimize warehousing, pick, pack & ship process, and meet shipment deadlines
• Ensure FDA requirements are understood and adhered to.
• Evaluate and provide annual performance feedback to direct reports.
• Identify gaps within the department and develop plans to close as necessary (ie. training, lean, capacity, headcount, external logistics support).
• BS degree or equivalent and 10+ years of experience managing distribution operations in a manufacturing environment.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP, Tableau, etc…
• Proven track record of being an effective leader in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing or distribution company.
• Detailed understanding of material movement in a manufacturing environment, including; import and export requirements, regulatory guidelines, high volume parcel shipments and capital equipment freight shipments.
• Proven ability to manage Logistics supplier relationships to meet corporate goals and requirements including RC/CA management.
• Detailed understanding of customs regulations associated with but not limited to Customs Reconciliation, NAFTA Certificates of Origin for Importing and Exporting, Country of Origin Marking Waivers, 9801 & 9802 Manufacturer’s Affidavits, Truck Transponders, CTPAT, Customs Clearance, ECCN Coding, Government Audit Requirements, Carnet Preparation, INCOTERMS, Letters of Credit, Commercial Invoices, and Duty Drawback.
• Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness. High attention to detail.
• Proven ability to lead a high performance team to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
• Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging employees to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effectively manages task breakdown, helps keep individual contributors on task, player-coach, and ability to step in and perform hard tasks.
• Ability to perform headcount and freight cost analysis and provide recommendations for reduction / improvement.
• Occasional travel is required.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.