Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-US-CT-Milford
Requisition ID: 183280
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces the da Vinci® Surgical System, a minimally invasive robotic surgery system that uses highly complex mechanics, replaceable instruments and accessories, and enhanced three-dimensional visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand.
The Engineering Technician supports the testing and development of new and innovative robotic surgical and electrosurgical instruments and patient access components for the Intuitive da Vinci Surgical System. He or she will must excel and be capable of working well in a highly motivated team environment focused on innovative technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Build, test and troubleshoot prototype surgical instruments and patient access components
• Develop and build tooling and fixtures in support of testing and assembly
• Manage and support 3D prototype builds and maintain equipment
• Manage all lab resources, supplies, and equipment (metrology lab, wet lab, mechanical engineering lab, robot room)
• Maintain calibration of test and measurement equipment
• Support set up, material/tissue ordering, execution and documentation of feasibility and design validation test protocols
• Maintain warehousing of materials.
• Root cause failure analysis of complex mechanical and electrical systems
• Support the quality and regulatory processes as required
• Experienced and comfortable using Mill, Lathe, bench top tools (drill presses, dremels etc.). CNC machining and Mastercam experience preferred
• AS preferred. Minimum 2 years of medical device or other relevant lab experience.
• Min. 2 years of soldering, electrical / small mechanical assembly experience debug and repair.
• Experience with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies required
• Ability to read schematics combined with standard electronic test techniques to perform failure analysis and root cause determination to a component level preferred
• Hands-on problem solver and strong team player
• Effective verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, google docs, presentation and spreadsheets
• Familiarity with energy based surgical systems or surgical instruments preferred
• A self-starter who can perform effectively with little supervision.
• A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of tough technical problems
• A passion for creating robust and reliable products
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.