Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Support Software Engineer - Imaging
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183308
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Product Support Software Engineer for Imaging is responsible for operational support and engineering of Intuitive’s Imaging and Intelligence products. The primary functions of this position are to: interface with Intuitive product development and support teams as subject matter expert, develop/modify/release design history file documents, respond to and interpret field issues, translate field reports to software issue tracking records.
• Understand the technical details and operation of Imaging products.
• Provide operational support of Imaging products.
• Respond to, address and close Imaging product complaints in support of Intuitive’s post-market surveillance group, using Intuitive’s complaint tracking system.
• Create, track and close issues in Intuitive’s software issue tracking system, in collaboration with the New Product Development (NPD) and Software Test teams.
• Organize, communicate and report on issues and their proposed fixes, in collaboration with Manufacturing (image segmentation), NPD, Product Marketing, Clinical Development, Human Factors and Interaction Design teams.
• Support field training materials/needs for Imaging products.
• Contribute to the development and updates to formal documentation (write, review, trace, release).
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, with minimum of 6 years of industry experience.
• Experience with and ability to understand software code base of mobile and web applications (including cloud-based).
• Exposure to and understanding of medical cybersecurity requirements.
• Exposure to of medical imaging, including CT and MRI.
• In depth knowledge of operational support of products related to medical imaging
• Proficiency and experience with sustaining engineering of mobile and web applications
• Attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Understanding of scalable, distributed, server-based enterprise-class applications using Nginx, AWS, .Net, Node.js preferred.
• Understanding of networking concepts and technologies (DNS, load balancing, firewalls, etc.) preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.