Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Operations Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183313
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a summer intern to support the product operations team focused on tasks related to data analysis, global compliance and marketing research, support for organization change initiatives, budget and staffing support and other project-based tasks as assigned. The intern will work with team members to assist with:
• Tracking headcount or other product/project aspects to budget
• Setting up and managing productivity of various meetings
• Working across the organization to gather information and prepare presentation decks
• Work on organization of data, folders and shared drives to maximize productivity
• Research, write reports and present findings/data on various topics to inform projects and decision-making
• Track and facilitate performance and productivity improvement initiatives
• Other projects as assigned
• Completion of at least 2 years of undergraduate Business Management before start of internship.
• Experience with technology tools and systems with a high level of proficiency using the following: MS Office (specifically Excel and Visio expertise), Outlook, Shared Drive structures, Tableau, SAP, budgeting systems and other data analytics and presentation software tools. Graphics design a plus.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate cross organizationally at all levels. Demonstrates ability to adapt to organization cultures quickly.
• Highly organized with ability to quickly assimilate large quantities of data / information.
• Previous experience with technology or medical environment desired.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) with the team.
• High level of professionalism, integrity, confidentiality and ability to get results with high level of quality in fast paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and productively express opinions on how work is achieved with an ability to influence others using data and research.
• Dependable and flexible in working to accomplished assigned projects. Strong prioritization and decision making skills desired.
• Organizing large quantities of data for analysis, trends identification, optimized for retrieval when needed and business decision making that impacts organization productivity.
• Working collaboratively across multiple functional organizations experiencing change.
• Strategic planning for current product life cycles changes, new product development, product launches and how associated organization change initiatives may affect a medical device environment.
• Business decision and budget to actual management impact as product life cycles and organization evolves to meet future customer needs.
• Cultural assimilation into a company with high integrity and strong values.
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning early-mid May or June 2019 through August.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.