Intuitive Surgical Careers
Data Science Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183315
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
Leveraging data from both our internal applications and from our 4,000 robotic medical devices the field. The Data Scientist is responsible for modeling complex business problems and discovering business insights through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Use advanced analytics methods to extract value from business data.
• Perform large-scale experimentation and build data-driven models to answer business questions.
• Conduct research on cutting-edge techniques and tools in machine learning/deep learning/artificial intelligence.
• Determine requirements that will be used to train and evolve deep learning models and algorithms.
• Influence product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations. Evangelize best practices to analytics and products teams.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Experience solving business problems with advanced analytical solutions
• Proven experience in conducting statistical analysis and building models with advanced scripting language such as R, SPSS or other analytic tools
• Experience building and deploying predictive models, web scrapping, and scalable data pipelines
• Strong understanding of statistical methods and skills such as Bayesian Networks Inference, linear and non-linear regression, hierarchical mixed models/multi-level modeling
• Learning to Influence: understanding how to apply different strategies to convince others to change their opinions or plans
• Business Results: understand business needs, and how to get results that have a clear, positive, and direct impact on business performance
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.