Intuitive Surgical Careers
da Vinci Clinical Sales Director- Mid Atlantic
Primary Location: United States-District of Columbia
Requisition ID: 183319
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position
The da Vinci® Clinical Sales Director plays a critical role in building and developing the field sales team within his/her Region. The major responsibilities are to manage the Clinical Sales force and to grow the utilization of their installed base. This will include managing installations within the assigned region and the hiring, training, and development of a dynamic Sales Team.
- Recruit, train, and lead a sales team within assigned region
- Develop and implement sales activities to achieve and exceed goals set by Senior Management
- Assist Clinical Sales Manager in negotiating key accounts
- Assist Clinical Sales Manager in closing deals, sales presentations, and organizing territories
- Provide Sales team with new product information or new information on existing products
- Responsible for achievement of sales forecasts and meeting operational budgets
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 8 years sales experience with minimum of two years sales management experience; preference for experience in healthcare or capital sales
- Proven track record in managing and developing a sales force in the healthcare industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%, dependent upon account distribution
- Success in introducing new technologies to the market is a plus
- Knowledge of the Operating Room environment preferred
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.