Intuitive Surgical Careers
Associate Training Manager - Atlanta
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 183332
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Coordinates with customer training team, marketing team, sales and other stakeholders to ensure training support is properly allocated to meet the needs of the business.
• Measures training effectiveness and implements enhancements as necessary.
• Manages training center logistics, inventory, calendar and goals.
• Hires, develops and trains members of the customer training team to support the growing and evolving needs of the company.
• Manages the Lab Associates to ensure proper workflow, inventory and budget and safety adherence as necessary.
• Maintains competency delivering protocols in order to effectively evaluate training team
• Develops sustained competency of the Trainers in the following areas:
o System Technologyo System Applicationso Training Pathway processo Training/coaching techniques and methodologies
• Takes into account both the needs of the business and the team when making decisions. Effectively balances organizational, team and individual needs in decisions taken. Involves team members in certain decisions to increase engagement and develop decision-making skills in others. Effectively resolves issues or problems so that there is minimal escalation required.Qualifications
• Effectively plans, organizes and prioritizes the work of multiple team members. Effectively monitors interim progress to ensure deliverables will meet quality, time, budget and stakeholder expectations.
• Trains team members, reviews and approves their work.
• Supports team members in consistently achieving their targets, goals and objectives. Drives for continuous individual and team performance improvement.
• Understands the importance of clear, effective and frequent team and organizational communications. Models effective communications for others to follow. Effectively coaches and guides assigned team members in their internal/external communications.
Core competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements
• 8+ years of Training / Professional Education / Business experience
• B.A. / B.S. Degree in Clinical or Health Sciences, Healthcare Management, Business Administration, Communications, Education
• Ability to work cross departmentally to achieve goals
• Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical disease states, surgical applications and operating room environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of adult learning principles preferred
• Medical-device experience preferred
Education and Training Requirements
Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Clinical or Health Sciences, Healthcare Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Communications or Education