Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Program Manager, Manufacturing Operations
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183337
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for planning and execution of complex cross-functional projects associated with driving scalability in Manufacturing Operations. Projects will be global in nature and will span a broad range from implementation of new software systems, facility expansion, scale up for product launch, integration of acquisitions etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop roadmaps for major transformational programs
• Gain cross-functional alignment on strategies, goals, resources and timelines. Cross-functional teams include Sales, Marketing, Finance, IT, Engineering, Quality, Regulatory, Compliance, Service, Customer Service, and other Business Units.
• Create and maintain project schedules
• Provide input for budgets and monitor performance to budgets
• Ensure compliance to internal business and quality system requirements and to external regulatory standards
• Establish program governance structure
• Organize and lead core team and executive steering committee meetings
• Provide clear communication to the organization on project status, critical path, as well as potential areas of risk
• Drive resolution of constraints, conflicts and other challenges that could impact timely and successful execution of projects
• Drive prioritization of activities to ensure optimal utilization of resources
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable with all aspects of Manufacturing Operations including Planning, Production, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Facilities, Logistics, Inventory etc.
• Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful with the ability to deal with conflict and drive to solution
• Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
• Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once
• Requires knowledge of Engineering, Manufacturing Operations strategy and business management
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
• Minimum 8 years of experience involved in leading major cross-functional projects in Manufacturing Operations
• Medical device experience desired
• Experience with supervising people desired
• Certification in project management (PMP) desired
• BS or equivalent work experience
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.