Intuitive Surgical Careers
Robotic Systems and Control Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183342
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a summer intern to support the systems analysis (robotics and controls) team. The intern will work with team members to assist with the development, documentation, and testing of new product concepts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design algorithms and test hardware for robotic manipulator evaluations.
• Integrate hardware and software components for prototype systems.
• Support multiple iterations of testing.
• Document and present detailed performance reports to the team
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Master’s degree in ME, EE, CS, or similar. PhD degree preferred.
• Hands-on experience developing controllers and electronics for mechatronic systems.
• Hands-on experience interfacing with sensors, actuators, and data acquisition systems.
• Proficiency using C, C++, and Matlab for data capture and analysis.
• Strong hands-on engineering experience with proven ability to work well in a team environment.
• Good verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Gain hands-on experience with system integration, system characterization, and evaluation.
• Grow strong analytical and problem solving skills such as statistics, experiment design, and sensor safety analysis.
• Experience interfacing with a cross-functional team of Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineers.
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.