Intuitive Surgical Careers
Device Reprocessing Internship
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183343
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical builds the most advanced surgical equipment on the market, most of which must be cleaned and sterilized prior to reuse. The Device Reprocessing team ensures that hospitals are able to reprocess this equipment to the most stringent guidelines for safety and efficacy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Conduct lab work associated with simulated use soiling and reprocessing of surgical devices
• Develop protocols and reports to document validation testing.
• Interact with 3rd party labs and washer disinfector partners to standardize testing of Intuitive products.
• Test new products to ensure that they can be cleaned according to Intuitive’s rigorous criteria.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Coursework in chemistry, biology, statistics, materials, fluid dynamics, heat transfer.
• Ability to solve mechanical issues
• Laboratory experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to validate cleaning procedures.
• Ability to document findings in formal reports and protocols.
• Ability to troubleshoot da Vinci instruments
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.