Intuitive Surgical Careers
Learning & Technology Specialist
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 183371
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This active, full time role supports learning technologies and programs conducted by the Commercial Learning Team at Intuitive.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills, decision-making ability, experience with internal customer service, and the ability to work proactively. This person must manage work requirements and articulate bandwidth and project status in a high-paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
If you exemplify our company values of providing value to our patients and customers and want to be part of a team that is passionate about enabling our employees to do great work and grow in their careers, this is the role for you!
• Learning Management System (LMS) administration (create items and curricula, process user assignments, manage and record class completions, pull reports and compliance data, test software upgrades, etc.)
• Update weekly Training Events App for training programs
• Maintain accurate training records
• Administer the electronic testing, run reports and analyze data for training programs, sales meeting, etc. (example, Questionmark, Qstream)
• Upload and support new content revisions to our Mobile Library
• Support technology of role play recordings and lecture recordings (example, Vbrick, Haivision)
• Manage documentation process of training materials through Quality Management System
• Identify, recommend, and execute on continuous improvements to systems, processes, and tools to enhance learner experience
• Assist, research, and propose innovative means of using learning technologies to train employees, assess learning competency, and report on results
• Influence and train team members on best practices for use of learning technologies in effective training
• Troubleshoot and problem solve learning technologies
• Build FAQs and user guides for our learning technologies
• Collaborate and support the Global Commercial Learning team as needed
• Present “How To” presentations on technology to training programs
• 1-3 years of experience in a LMS Administrator/specialist role or related fields
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associates Degree with 3-5 years of experience in a related role will be considered
• Periodic evenings and/or weekend hours for program support required as needed
• 10% travel required
• Problem-solving and analytical mindset, interested in process improvement
• Strong attention to detail
• Technical savvy with Excel, Word, PowerPoint; ability to learn new software
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high quality results.
• Team player with the ability to build productive working relationships and collaborate cross-functionally
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Use of virtual classroom software (ex: WebEx Training Center)
• Experience with mobile training technologies and practices
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.