Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-US-MS-Southaven
Requisition ID: 183374
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this person is to repair/recertify a variety of products, meeting quality and productivity goals, within a service operations work environment. This person would work closely with fellow team members, and the supervisor to achieve team performance goals in the areas of Efficiency, First Pass Yield, Inventory Accuracy, and Final Test Time Loss. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Repair/Recertify a variety of products according to standard work instructions and prints.
• Operate and set up (as needed), production equipment/fixtures.
• Become proficient at multiple repair tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
• Maintain status boards , based on goals set by Supervisors/Manager
• Perform inspection of own and other’s work. Perform rework on own or other’s work.
• Cross-train or mentor others in areas of expertise (as needed).
• Properly complete manufacturing documentation as needed.
• Maintain the accuracy of identification and count of point-of-use materials. Accurately determine and report material shortages and ensure daily Kanban checks are completed.
• Work closely with Engineering to resolve repair issues and actively participate in quality improvement initiatives as needed.
• Support various process improvement initiatives that involve a Service Operations based team.
• Review and disposition discrepant material. Implement corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
• Evaluate designs for repairability (with respect to tooling and assembly methods). Provide suggested change proposals, or tooling concepts during early design process phase to Engineering.
• Act as point of contact for issues and questions in the Supervisor’s/Manager’s absence.
• Provide direction, priorities, and delegate tasks as directed by the Supervisor/Manager
• Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures.
• Maintain an excellent attendance record.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• System Recertification Lead: Maintain control over Harvesting Program and warehouse operations.
• Experience: 6 years of manufacturing assembly experience or 3+ years of manufacturing assembly/Service Operations ISI experience.
• Must be a minimum Intuitive Surgical Tech 2/Senior Tech in good standing for at least the past 12 months or as determined by Management. Areas that will be considered are: attendance, conduct, productivity, teamwork, and quality.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in Agile, Matlab and SAP
• Must demonstrate proficiency for training/mentoring other Repair Technicians
• Must demonstrate proficiency at quality record documentation
• Must demonstrate leadership and communication ability
• Must demonstrate understanding of basic operational principles of assemblies upon which training has been completed
• Must demonstrate ability to diagnose possible root cause failure modes of assemblies upon which training has been completed
• Must be recommended for promotion from Service Operations’ Supervisors and Management team. Promotion approval may be subject to interview process.
• System Recertification Lead: Demonstrate full understanding of all types of Recertification Processes, Harvesting Processes, and Logistic processes required for System Recertification to be successful.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.