Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Manager Upstream
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183384
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Lead projects through the design process including developing market requirements, product requirements, and facilitating tradeoff discussions with design teams while keeping the needs of the customer and the business in mind.
Catalog user needs, product feedback and other primary market research to champion long-term product roadmaps defined by providing clinical, operational and economic value to customers.
Define product claims and regulatory strategy for next generation instrument platforms.
Develop global product commercialization plans for new products and integrate into local marketing teams to execute successful software launches.
Track emerging technology and identify complementary technology that will enhance the da Vinci surgical capability.
Position product value against alternative offerings and educate the marketing organization on product differences.
Craft and refine key value propositions and product positioning in support of building the product brand, marketing collateral and training materials.
Be the subject matter expert for your product, and the competitors, providing expertise to downstream marketing partners, surgeons, and OR staff.
Managing Business Review meetings to ensure alignment across the organization.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
Minimum 2 years of experience in the Medical Device market required with a history of accomplishing multiple project milestones and projects. Surgical and/or OR experience required.
- Proven ability to effectively build a product development plan, position and communicate product value.
- Develop strong surgeon partnerships and internal product development engineering to drive product development projects.
- Capacity to learn new technical skills and build clinical acumen.
- Ability to take complex technologies and simplify learning to be understood across a broad customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact marketing programs on-time and within budget to support overall business objectives.
- Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.
- Self-starter with ability to take leadership in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks.
- Agility to pivot focus to meet evolving sales and customer needs.
- Proven ability to work across disparate parts of an organization to deliver results.
- Well versed in MS Office Suite, Tableau, SFDC and JIRA software tools.
- Ability to travel 15 - 25% of the time. Some international travel may be required.
- The position is located at Intuitive Surgical Headquarters in Sunnyvale, California.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.